Returning to School

Students often voluntarily leave school for personal, medical or financial reasons. Others are suspended due to poor academic performance or other violations of school policy.   Returning to school may require approval by the Academic and Professional Standards Committee.

  • Students who have been away for less than a year should Notify the Office for Student Affairs at (Attn:  Anedria) six weeks prior to the term you wish to return.
  • Students who have been absent from the College for more than a year (12 months) must apply for readmission.     Readmission is generally approved for students who left the College of Pharmacy in good academic standing, provided space is available.  Students who are seeking readmission to the College of Pharmacy will be required to submit a Proposed Schedule for Graduation to the College before readmission will be considered. Contact the Student Affairs office for instructions.
  • Students who were on academic probation were subject to academic disqualification, or dismissed will need to submit an Appeal for Reinstatement along with the readmission application.


We understand that your decision to separate from UF College of Pharmacy has not come about with much thought and reflection.

The Office for Student Affairs in the College of Pharmacy supports your decisions, whether they include a temporary ‘hiatus’ from school or a permanent change of professional plans.

Please let us know how we can help during this transitional time.